Presented by Rev. Dr. Daniel Stegeman
Title: The Faith of Abraham
Text: Hebrews 11:8-10
8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible, Copyright © 2001 by Crossway
1. Missionaries are called, prepared & sent to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
2. Abraham’s journey was similar to a missionary’s.
3. Faith and obedience always go together (Gen. 11:27-32)
4. Abraham did not refuse the call (Gen. 12:1-3)
5. Christians will receive inheritance if we live by faith.
6. Patience of Faith (Habakkuk 2:2-3)
7. We are elect exiles (1 Pet. 1:1)
8. The orientation of faith is forward looking (Heb. 11:10)
9. Expect God to do many good things; don’t focus on the past.
10. City of God had foundations; city of man is like tents.
11. Don’t focus on this world, focus on Christ and the city in Heaven.
12. Faith is not a one time event, it is a way of life.