Presented by Rev. Dr. Daniel Stegeman
Title: Pleasing God
Text: Hebrews 11:6
6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible, Copyright © 2001 by Crossway
1. Anything done for God must be done in faith.
2. People try to please God without faith. Luke 18:18-30
3. Because of Jesus, we can draw near to God. Hebrews 4:14-16; Hebrews 7:23-25; 10:1, 19-23
4. Husbands and wives should draw near to each other to please one another.
5. Believe that God exists. Psalms 14:1
6. The Bible is unique: it judges us rather than us judging it.
7. Read the Bible to learn our true condition and find the cure.
8. The human heart is an idol factory: We manufacture gods in our own image.
9. God rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 10:32-36
10. God is a just judge. Luke 12:41-48; 2 Cor. 5:6-10
11. Jesus Christ is the treasure we must seek.