Sermon for June 24, 2018
Presented by Rev. Dr. Duane White
Title: The Lake Of Fire
Text: Revelation 20:10-15
10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible, Copyright © 2001 by Crossway
Introduction: Ps. 11:6; Ez. 38:22; Thess. 1:8,9
1. I see in the lake of fire the love of God- Hos. 13:14; Eph. 3:18,19; Rev. 1:5; Jn. 3:16
2. I see the grace of God in the lake of fire- Heb. 2:9; Mt. 20:28; Jn. 1:29
3. I see the holiness of God in the lake fire- Hab. 2:9; Mt. 27:45,46
4. I see the mercy of God in the lake of fire- Lam. 3:22; Ps. 138:2
5. The lake of fire reveals God’s faithfulness- Lam. 3:25; Mt. 24:35; Ps. 138:2
6. The lake of fire shows us the long-suffering of God- Ps. 103:8; Ps. 86:5, 15; 2 Pet. 3:9
7. From the lake of fire we see the free will of man- Rev.22:15; Lk. 10:20
Due to technical issue, we do not have an audio file of this sermon. To listen to other sermons, please follow this link to the archive.