Sermon for July 29, 2018
Presented by Rev. Dr. Daniel Stegeman
Title: The Lord Is My Shepherd
Text: Psalm 23:1-6
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible, Copyright © 2001 by Crossway
1. Christians are to have a personal relationship with God.
2. We cannot save ourselves, we need a good shepherd. (John 10:1-18)
3. Our only path to heaven is Jesus.
4. We will be satisfied in Christ. Sin over-promises and under-delivers.
5. Delight in the Lord and your desires will align with His. The desires of this world will diminish. (Psalm 37:4)
6. David desired God above all else. (Psalm 63:1-8)
7. We can be content with basics of life (food & shelter) because we entered the world with nothing and will leave with nothing.
Use this link to listen or download the mp3 file of this sermon.