Sermon for January 7, 2018
Presented by Rev. Dr. Daniel Stegeman
Title: The Faith of Noah
Text: Hebrews 11:7
7 By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household. By this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible, Copyright © 2001 by Crossway
1. Pastor recommends a visit to the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky.
2. The flood of the Bible is one of the three big events of history.
3. Adam and Eve’s sin started the fall of all mankind.
4. God is patient but His day will come. 2 Peter 3:9-10; Genesis 6:5-8
5. We can’t understand our own sin, and how it affects relationship with God. (Jeremiah 17:9)
6. Noah was righteous and walked with God. Gen 6:9
7. Noah did all God commanded him to do, even before the Bible existed. (Genesis 13-22)
8. He built the ark without bodies of water nearby; rain did not occur before flood.
9. Noah was humble and trembled at God’s word. (Isaiah 66:2)
11. Great flood and great salvation (through building the ark) was revealed to Noah.
12. Noah likely endured much ridicule. Christ also endured hostility from sinners (Heb. 12:3 John 15:18)
13. Faith apart from works is useless. (James 2:14-19)
14. Noah received the righteousness from God by his faith, he did not earn it.
15. Noah did not follow popular opinion, he pleaded with people to trust God. (2 Peter 2:5)
16. The world was condemned because of their unbelief.
17. The Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (Mathew 24:36-44)
18. God provided a way for salvation: believe in Jesus Christ. Today is the day of salvation.
Use this link to listen or download the mp3 file of this sermon.